Information on application procedures for prospective undergraduate students can be found on Future students website, including the Bachelor of Arts Study areas web page. Information for domestic and international students can also be found on the Future students Admissions and applications website.
Classics and Archaeology
- Classics and Ancient World Studies subjects
Current Classics and Archaeology undergraduate subjects
Classics and Archaeology undergraduate scholarships and awards
A list of merit-based scholarships and awards for undergraduate classics and archaeology students
- Future students
Interested in studying history in your undergraduate degree? Find out more about History at Melbourne
- Current students
History and Philosophy of Science
- Why Study History and Philosophy of Science?
- History and Philosophy of Science subjects
Current History and Philosophy of Science undergraduate subjects
History and Philosophy of Science (HPS) teaches undergraduate students from every faculty in the university. Apart from the subjects offered within the History and Philosophy of Science program, History and Philosophy of Science content can also be found in a number of University Breadth subjects coordinated by History and Philosophy of Science staff members:
- UNIB10002 Logic: Language and Information
- UNIB10003 An Ecological History of Humanity
- UNIB10005 Internet Meets Society
- UNIB10013 Catastrophes as Turning Points
- UNIB20013 Body, Minds and Medicine: A Dissection
Hebrew and Jewish Studies
Students can undertake Hebrew and/or Jewish studies at undergraduate level through the Bachelor of Arts, through the Diploma in Modern Languages, which is taken concurrently with an undergraduate degree, or through the Single Subject Study (Community Access Program).
- Hebrew and Jewish Studies subjects
Current Hebrew and Jewish Studies undergraduate subjects
- Undergraduate study options
- Hebrew and Jewish Studies scholarships and Studying Abroad
- Hebrew and Jewish Studies careers information
Find our more about Philosophy at Melbourne:
- Philosophy subjects
Current Philosophy undergraduate subjects
- What is Philosophy?
- Why study Philosophy?
- History of Philosophy
- Information for prospective students
Majors in the new generation Melbourne degrees
- Subjects taught in the School
Subject lists for Classics and Archaeology, Conservation, Hebrew and Jewish studies, History and Philosophy, Intensives and Arts Foundation and University Breadth Subjects
- Forms for undergraduate students
Essay cover sheet and extension forms
- Undergraduate contacts
- Essay writing guide
This essay guide provides guidelines on the assessment, presentation and submission of essays in undergraduate subjects. You can also consult Essay tips (40kb pdf), a pdf document that provides some helpful guidelines on writing and researching for essays
- Information about academic work and assessment
(forms of assessment – such as essays, class papers, tutorial participation, written exams), grading policy, submission of work and extensions to deadlines and attendance requirements.
- Your responsibilities and how much time you should devote to study
- What happens if you get into difficulties?